Skip to main content

Blackpool over new year

Having only ever passed through Blackpool once im my life we decided to spend our New Year there.

We traveled up from London to Blackpool by Coach. We chose National Express for this journey as we knew it was a very long drive and we know that their coaches are very comfortable for long distances.

So we caught the 8am coach which got us to Blackpool at 2:30pm. The journey itself was uneventful and there was minimal traffic on the roads so we weren't held up and arrived when stated :)

When we arrived the sun was shining but there was a chill breeze, was to be expected as we were at the seaside in December. We decided to hunt down somewhere to get some food and we managed to find a Holland and Barrett, it was well hidden though on a side street. We also located a massive Sainsburys and a Co-Op so we did managed to get some bits and pieces to eat while in Blackpool.





Just outside the Co-Op there was an amazing street music and light show going on (they even played my Fiance's favorite Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin Stevens).

We stayed in an amazing Hotel on the seafront called Ocean Bay Hotel. Sue and Jim run the hotel, Sue was very cheerful and also very helpful, and so welcoming altough we didn't see much of her as we were out and about most of the time. We didn't see anything of Jim but he was busy cooking, serving behind the bar and stripping rooms. Just across the way from the hotel is a giant mirror ball and is amazing when the sun shines on it too, turning the whole area into a dance floor.


                


While in Blackpool we visited the Blackpool Tower to see their Circus panto of Jack and the Beanstalk. It was amazing it had everything from the love story, scary Giant, the baddie, and in between there was some fantastic circus acts. I would recommend anyone attending their Panto's in the future as they are breathtaking.




We also visited Madame Tussaud's as my Fiance had never been before, we booked our tickets in advance and saved a little bit of money. It was an enjoyable day as there was so much to see, people from the likes of Simon Cowell to The Two Ronnies. There was also Ant and Dec Bush Tucker Trial area which was so life like, they also had a rope bridge where you could stage your own get me out of here photo.
We got to mingle with some of the Royal Family before we headed for the Festival Field area where there was a stage where we could perform for ourselves as if we were on the main stage at Glastonbury :)
We also got to have a drink in the Rovers Return with some of the locals too.
There was a chance to get a wax work of our hands for a small fee but unfortunately we couldn't afford on at the time.

On our final day we decided to visit Ripley's Believe It Or Not at the bargain price of £6 each.
It was really interesting and so much to see. Some of the highlights would be:
The Worlds tallest man Robert Wadlow
Shrunken skulls
A model church made completely of match stick
Popcorn Art
and a Giant Ball of String.

We also saw some amazing sunsets while we were there too, some of the best I've ever seen and best of all i got to share them with my amazing Fiance :)



Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed.
Peace and Love VB80


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health It's time to talk

So many people have issues with mental health, but it surprises me that it is 1 in 4 people. Many years ago mental health was a stigma, we are now in the 21st century and its time for people to speak freely about Mental health There are many reasons for feeling like you can't cope anymore or feeling like whats the point, but finding ways to live with mental health is always the best option. It makes me sad that many people don't get the help they need and take matters into their own hands. There are so many organisations out there but people just aren't aware of them and the help that they can give. I have suffered for many years with mental health problems for many years now, it got really bad for me when my mum died and I didn't know who to turn to. All my family were grieving and I felt like I had to be strong for everyone. It was 8 years later that I realized that I needed to get help. I visited my doctor who was very understanding and gave me some medication t

First Blog about myself and what i love to do most.

Wow i cant believe I'm doing this its all very new to me so you will have to bear with me for a short while. Well first of all I'm Vegan and have been for the past 2 years now. I love animals so why would i want to harm them in any way. I was introduced to the Vegan lifestyle by my amazing Fiance. Its been hard at times as there are also lots of foods I'm not aloud due to my Menieres Disease, but i think we've got there now. Secondly we love to travel all over the U.K, the past year we have been to some amazing places, and yes even found some vegan places to eat too :)  We tend to stay in hostels as our budget isn't that big but staying in hostels makes the trips all the more exciting, and we have met some amazing people along the way. That's all for now, i hope you enjoy my posts and enjoy the journey with me. Peace and Love VB80

Purezza Brighton

Firstly i would like to thank Purezza for inviting Myself, VeganBlogger78 and VeganBabeLife   to come along to review their amazing food. The menu looked amazing and it was difficult to decide what to have. I did like the fact that the menu clearly stated which dishes were nut free (which is very helpful having a nut allergy) For starters we chose: VBL. Focaccia strips and cheese Served with a selection of dips including hummus, pesto and caramelised beet/onion. VB78. Cheese bites, Six delightful dough balls, loaded with lashings of melty coconut cheese. Me. Garlic bread with cheese. Classic garlic bread, loaded with garlic puree with rosemary & optional cheese.  Cheesy Garlic bread need i say moor. nomnomnom For our main meal we chose: VBL. Indigo Island:  Roasted purple sweet potato, freshly cut pineapple & pea pancetta. VB78. One Night in Bangkok: White base, with stir fried vegetables, sprouted beans, sri