Skip to main content

Valentines Break in Brighton

We love Brighton and have visited a few times now. We decided to spend a couple of days here for a Valentines break.

We decided to stay at Hostelpoint which is about a minute from the coach station. its a nice hostel beds are comfy and its warm and dry. The view from our dorm was amazing with beautiful sea views.


After arriving in Brighton we decided to go for some food and headed for The Hope and Ruin which houses the vegan caterers Beelzebab. We opted for Seitan Meat and Chips with Chilli sauce. OMG it tasted amazing and i would defo recommend trying this meal out for yourselves.
The Hope and Ruin was a unique pub with lots of unusual items around the place, like a piano coming down their stairs.







Valentines morning we woke up and the sun was shining. we opened our cards and presents at the hostel. Its such a lovely feeling giving and  receiving gifts from the person you plan on spending the rest of you life with.
We then took a short walk to an arcade to play on some of the 2p machines, we managed to win a couple of nice prizes.





For Lunch we decided to head for VBites, we had a light snack of  Tarragon, mushrooms with hummus and spinach on toast. it was yummy. then we had a special valentines cupcake and rhubarb and custard tea. we also spotted some pink waffers so decided as it was valentines day we would treat ourselves to a couple.










We then went for a long walk along the beach and ended up in Shoreham, we had walked miles and not even realized.



After our long walk we decided to head back to Beelzebab for some food. We opted for Hotdog and Chilli and chips with melted cheese. nomnomnom.






On our last day we decided to take a walk along the pier as it was such a lovely day. There are plenty of rides along the pier of which there is something for everyone.














For lunch we headed back to VBites and opted for a Fishy Finger sandwich and some cheesy chips, it was really yummy and the closes thing I've found to a fish finger in ages.





After our lunch we took a short walk and stumbled across Larder, an old cafe which became Vegan for Veganuary, and have decided to stay vegan for now as it was so popular. We opted for a hot drink to show our support to this new vegan cafe.



Just across the way from Larder there is a Vegetarian Shoes shop, they have a wide variety of shoes, unfortunately i was so engrossed in looking at the shoes that i forgot to take any pics. I would highly recommend taking a look around this shop, i for one will be returning when i need some new shoes and have some spare cash.

A short walk along the road we came across Infinity Foods which sell many vegan foods. we managed to find some Eat Real Quinoa & Kale Puffs which we have not been able to try until now. So we brought a couple of packs for our journey home.

Our Valentines visit to Brighton was filled with alot of walking and alot of food but it was an amazing time away spent with my amazing Fiance.

Thank you for reading VB80

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health It's time to talk

So many people have issues with mental health, but it surprises me that it is 1 in 4 people. Many years ago mental health was a stigma, we are now in the 21st century and its time for people to speak freely about Mental health There are many reasons for feeling like you can't cope anymore or feeling like whats the point, but finding ways to live with mental health is always the best option. It makes me sad that many people don't get the help they need and take matters into their own hands. There are so many organisations out there but people just aren't aware of them and the help that they can give. I have suffered for many years with mental health problems for many years now, it got really bad for me when my mum died and I didn't know who to turn to. All my family were grieving and I felt like I had to be strong for everyone. It was 8 years later that I realized that I needed to get help. I visited my doctor who was very understanding and gave me some medication t

First Blog about myself and what i love to do most.

Wow i cant believe I'm doing this its all very new to me so you will have to bear with me for a short while. Well first of all I'm Vegan and have been for the past 2 years now. I love animals so why would i want to harm them in any way. I was introduced to the Vegan lifestyle by my amazing Fiance. Its been hard at times as there are also lots of foods I'm not aloud due to my Menieres Disease, but i think we've got there now. Secondly we love to travel all over the U.K, the past year we have been to some amazing places, and yes even found some vegan places to eat too :)  We tend to stay in hostels as our budget isn't that big but staying in hostels makes the trips all the more exciting, and we have met some amazing people along the way. That's all for now, i hope you enjoy my posts and enjoy the journey with me. Peace and Love VB80

Purezza Brighton

Firstly i would like to thank Purezza for inviting Myself, VeganBlogger78 and VeganBabeLife   to come along to review their amazing food. The menu looked amazing and it was difficult to decide what to have. I did like the fact that the menu clearly stated which dishes were nut free (which is very helpful having a nut allergy) For starters we chose: VBL. Focaccia strips and cheese Served with a selection of dips including hummus, pesto and caramelised beet/onion. VB78. Cheese bites, Six delightful dough balls, loaded with lashings of melty coconut cheese. Me. Garlic bread with cheese. Classic garlic bread, loaded with garlic puree with rosemary & optional cheese.  Cheesy Garlic bread need i say moor. nomnomnom For our main meal we chose: VBL. Indigo Island:  Roasted purple sweet potato, freshly cut pineapple & pea pancetta. VB78. One Night in Bangkok: White base, with stir fried vegetables, sprouted beans, sri