Skip to main content

Being Vegan

After recent events on social media which has made me feel really angry, I have decided to write this blog about what i feel being vegan is all about.

There are many different reasons for people turning vegan and having support from people in the vegan community is a sure way of making sure these people stay vegan.
Some people do it for the planet, some for their health, and some for the animals, for whatever reason people go vegan it's a win win all round.

There are some vegans out there that say you must do this and you must do that to be vegan, I believe that as long as you do your best and do as much as you can then that's all that matters, I mean everyone is different, not everyone is comfortable being on the front line at marches and demo's and would rather give to the charities that do alot of the hard work, and this is fine in my eyes. Some people can only do small amount of things like leafleting or posting on social media due to commitments, this is also all good in my eyes.


I'm sure everyone would like to buy from completely vegan companies too, and there and some really good ones to choose from, but not everyone can afford to do this due to pennies being tight or there isn't a vegan shop near them, so they have to buy from supermarkets, which isn't a bad thing i mean everyone's got to eat right, I would suggest trying to buy from vegan companies whenever possible.

Myself and my partner have been to a couple of Canada Goose demo's handing out flyers and making people aware of what the company does. Again I know this kind of thing isn't for everyone. Just talking to people as to why you're vegan is a great way to get the message out there about veganism and you never know some of the people you talk to may even try it for themselves.

I know from experience that 99% of vegans are approachable and happy to talk to anyone who want to find out what its all about. They are happy to give advice and support to everyone on their vegan journey. I for one am very happy to talk to anyone thinking of going vegan or just starting out on their journey, as i know how confusing it can be to start with, and not having been vegan very long (i went vegan in 2015).

The Vegan Journey is so different for everyone and everyone should be supported and encouraged however their journey develops. 

I wish every vegan the very best on their journey and hope that you all support and encourage each other.

Thankyou for viewing my blog VB80

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health It's time to talk

So many people have issues with mental health, but it surprises me that it is 1 in 4 people. Many years ago mental health was a stigma, we are now in the 21st century and its time for people to speak freely about Mental health There are many reasons for feeling like you can't cope anymore or feeling like whats the point, but finding ways to live with mental health is always the best option. It makes me sad that many people don't get the help they need and take matters into their own hands. There are so many organisations out there but people just aren't aware of them and the help that they can give. I have suffered for many years with mental health problems for many years now, it got really bad for me when my mum died and I didn't know who to turn to. All my family were grieving and I felt like I had to be strong for everyone. It was 8 years later that I realized that I needed to get help. I visited my doctor who was very understanding and gave me some medication t

First Blog about myself and what i love to do most.

Wow i cant believe I'm doing this its all very new to me so you will have to bear with me for a short while. Well first of all I'm Vegan and have been for the past 2 years now. I love animals so why would i want to harm them in any way. I was introduced to the Vegan lifestyle by my amazing Fiance. Its been hard at times as there are also lots of foods I'm not aloud due to my Menieres Disease, but i think we've got there now. Secondly we love to travel all over the U.K, the past year we have been to some amazing places, and yes even found some vegan places to eat too :)  We tend to stay in hostels as our budget isn't that big but staying in hostels makes the trips all the more exciting, and we have met some amazing people along the way. That's all for now, i hope you enjoy my posts and enjoy the journey with me. Peace and Love VB80

Purezza Brighton

Firstly i would like to thank Purezza for inviting Myself, VeganBlogger78 and VeganBabeLife   to come along to review their amazing food. The menu looked amazing and it was difficult to decide what to have. I did like the fact that the menu clearly stated which dishes were nut free (which is very helpful having a nut allergy) For starters we chose: VBL. Focaccia strips and cheese Served with a selection of dips including hummus, pesto and caramelised beet/onion. VB78. Cheese bites, Six delightful dough balls, loaded with lashings of melty coconut cheese. Me. Garlic bread with cheese. Classic garlic bread, loaded with garlic puree with rosemary & optional cheese.  Cheesy Garlic bread need i say moor. nomnomnom For our main meal we chose: VBL. Indigo Island:  Roasted purple sweet potato, freshly cut pineapple & pea pancetta. VB78. One Night in Bangkok: White base, with stir fried vegetables, sprouted beans, sri